[lit-ideas] Re: The flu

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:52:32 -0500

It's ok Robert.  Just take care of yourself.

I am thinking that the Tennessee situation is not Medicare but Medicaid.
The Federal Government used to give the States separate amounts of money
for various programs, one of which was Medicaid.  Now they took Medicaid
and other programs and give one sum and since it's a significantly lower
amount, it's up to the States to divide it up.  So every program gets less.
Medicaid is for the very poor and handicapped rather than just the elderly
and orphans, which is Medicare.

Also, in many States, there is an income tax that follows the same formula
as the Federal Income Tax.  Since the Congress has been into big time tax
cutting, the States collect less as well.

Veronica

though) by eating cranberries; I stayed up too late the night before last
and it's come back... I am really muzzy.