[lit-ideas] The end of conversation

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:31:15 +0600

I am going meta. Apologies to all.

Mr. Palma wrote:

"Nobody who has an iq above 9 believes [this] junk, rorty?"

I object to how posts like the above put an end to conversations, some
of which I find interesting. There is nothing wrong with objecting,
but there is something uncivil about bringing conversations to a
premature end. A thoroughly Rortyian observation, but there you have
it.

I find Kant, Heidegger and Rorty all very thought-provoking. I don't
mind the insults. But if a sustained conversation is impossible
because of them, then the good of this list is unclear for me.

<End of meta>

Phil Enns