[lit-ideas] Re: The end? btw

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:17:56 EST

humid heat and dry heat are very different animals.

110 in the shade in AZ feels cooler than 80 in MO.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The end?  Date:
2/4/2007 9:59:57 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
They said on the Weather Channel that heat kills more people than all other
weather events combined, including cold, tornados, hurricanes, everything put
together.  I hate both extremes but I think I hate extreme heat  worse.  It's
so limiting.  In extreme cold one can bundle up and do  something outside,
but in extreme heat what can you do?  I kind of pride  myself on (probably
stupidly) having done the lawn when it was in the 90's in  the shade and humid.

It's almost like a challenge, but it's also a  great way to become dangerously
overheated.  I figure I can handle it but I  think I'll wait until late in the
day from now on.  I can't see how  anybody could live in Florida, but Florida
and Arizona are the fastest growing  states I think.  People love heat.  It
give them an excuse to sit in  the a/c.