[lit-ideas] Re: The elections

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:52:26 -0500

At 12:37 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:
Notice how, though there is some mention of trouble at the polls, there's no widespread crying of foul or people talking about how their government was stolen from them. Just a calm election ... okay maybe al-Qaeda talked about how glorious a victory it was ... but stateside a calm election.

That must be how it is when Dems win ... no fraud or outrage, Just a calm election. We know it was fair; after all, the Dems won.

I couldn't believe how positively jubilant some of the reporters looked who were on tv on Tuesday. It was like a small town sports show with colour commentators getting jazzed cause the home team was winning. Of course, on FOX, this was not the case and they were visibly miffed.