[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:59:39 EST

If the reader (of posts) doesn't assume these definitions, posts will be
necessarily mis-understood.  Are we back to Humpty Dumpty?  Or "no  master
text"
(reader informs the language which informs the reader, etc.)

Julie Krueger
on the way to the law office to help people figure out how to salvage  things

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The
de-islamization of Europe  Date: 1/22/2007 2:26:08 P.M. Central Standard Time
From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:pas@xxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Julie: Splitting hairs.  It seems to  me that a fairly central question of
>this non-dialogue has to do with  the use of "Islamic" and "Islamist".

It's not really splitting hairs. As  I understand it, and there's always a
chance I'm full of shit, in which case  I'm sure the usual suspects will
correct me, there is a HUGE implicated  difference between "Islamic" and
"Islamist".

Islamic is a description  of someone who is a muslim, while an "Islamist" is
a particular type of  [probably undesirable] muslim person with a certain
agenda -- that is, the  elimination of all non-islamist humans, even other
islamic. So, according to  recent nomenclature, "islamist" is subset of
"islamic".

not taking  sides,

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx