[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:36:31 -0800

Ah, Phil.  You need to practice a little of your vaunted pacifism.  Out of a
man's mouth comes whatever is in his heart.

And it is absurd to criticism Logic.  That accomplishes nothing.  That some
of Lit-Ideas members engage in such criticism is a pitiful thing, i.e., as
in being a thing to be pitied, but perhaps nothing can be done about it.

And I've studied the matters we have been discussing albeit not recently.
Nevertheless, I made the statement that a majority of Christians were not
pacifistic.  The fact that someone in the church demands that they be
doesn't change the fact that they are not.

Human nature is the given.  There is no scripture countering it insofar as
self-defense is concerned.  Human nature isn't something that needs to be
authenticated by scripture.  Sinful nature is countermanded, but it is not
sinful to defend yourself.

Lawrence