[lit-ideas] Re: The de-islamization of Europe

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:20:32 +0100

Lawrence,
"Ruling a big state is like frying a tiny fish.", as the Old Master says. Is it really that distracting to clarify, in good humour, a little problem that's more one of logic than of factual uncertainty? As logic cannot change the facts, a statement contradicting the facts must contain a fallacy. Some of us indicated that this consisted in the use of ambiguous terms, the polemical tone grew because you would not even admit the existence of a fallacy. As far as I can see, it was you and not Andreas who started this indeed " insignificant and puerile tangent". And you're right, it's not worth bothering, so here I'm back to my lecker Hallgartner Riesling.

joerg
from Suebia

Lawrence Helm schrieb:

Joerg,

(...)And so I would get drawn into this insignificant and puerile tangent (...)