[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a rant

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:52:01 -0700 (PDT)

So maybe we're not so divorced from the animal kingdom?&nbsp; What a
surprise.&nbsp; Herd behavior is the essence of human behavior, from highest to
lowest and everything in between.&nbsp; Case in point, plastic water
bottles.&nbsp; You know who started the bottled&nbsp;water rage?&nbsp; Madonna,
when she appeared on stage with a bottle of Perrier or whatever it was.&nbsp;
After that everybody was drinking bottled water; tap water became synonymous
with undrinkable, when in fact tap, i.e., municipal water is what they put in
plastic water bottles half the time anyway.&nbsp; Municipal water is also
rigorously tested.&nbsp; Ecologically friendly water fountains are a dinosaur
now.&nbsp; I gotta run.&nbsp; See ya later.