[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a rant

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:26:31 -0700 (PDT)

Last comment.&nbsp; The 'dogma' was a summary of *your* philosophy, which is
that if I drive therefore it's okay for me to eat meat.&nbsp; I.e., all or
nothing, again, a summary of *your* position.&nbsp; My position is that no
matter what else I do or don't do, not eating meat is good for the planet and
for the animals.&nbsp; Of course, it's only a little bit of good, but it's all
I can do.&nbsp;&nbsp; Okay, good night.

From: David Wright &lt;wright@xxxxxxxx&gt;
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 4:55 AM

"So it's all or nothing."

That sounds like dogma, rather than thought.

Hoping you're very young,
d.

Irene wrote:
So it's all or nothing.&nbsp; That's as good an excuse to eat the stuff as
any.&nbsp; Like I said, 6.599 billion people will nod in delighted agreement
for that permission.
For Mike, I realized that what you're probably saying is that you hate money so
how can you worship it.&nbsp; Angel or devil, it's still a deity.&nbsp;&nbsp;
--
See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards

--
See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards