[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a rant

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 00:21:47 -0500

Ahhh, what a shame but not surprising.  I should expect the masses to
confuse their prejudice for another's racism.  Rube Goldberg is a Jewish
genius-- look him up.

ignoring the power 'PC' once had over the reactionary masses ten years
ago
d.

P.S.  It is not the vegan lifestyle (the lacto-ovo thang is mere
pretense, and if one drives a car one is not even remotely veg) that will
eliminate the need for the hospital but the abolition of the selfish
desire for an extended lifespan.

P.P.S.  Never touch garlic with anything but a knife.  If you do, just
make Kraft Dinner with garlic powder.  Again, forget the pretense.

  Irene wrote:

  If you had said a Muriel Rukeyser cube, now that would be acceptable,
  because she is a subset of humanity unto herself.  But
  ethnic allusions are at best not thought through, not PC and
  definitely not funny.  There is too much hurt in the world and too
  much deflection of hurt from (also hurt, and at one time innocent)
  self onto other innocents that it just pains the ole virtual ears to
  hear it in this happy little space.

  Actually, I was reply to the embellishing of rants and had this
  all written up when your post came in.  These are my embellished
  rants, only one of which is unknown to this list.  I'll let you guess
  which one it is.

  Begin rants:  Doctors and hospitals can easily be nearly abolished
  with a vegetarian lifestyle.  Not to mention half of the rest of our
  problems on planet earth can be eliminated with it.

  Cars aren't easily abolished but everyone in a good place can be
  easily accomplished with voluntary simplicity and an emphasis on well
  being instead of well having.  Older cars run well enough and,
  imagine, no car payments.

  I find garlic grates nicely in a grater and the grater rinses
  easily.  I have never used a garlic press.  Not proud of it, just
  never used one.

  Mandatory parenting classes along with standards for parenting would
  easily abolish 'issues.'  We need to start seeing reproduction as a
  privilege and under no circumstances a right.  It is no one's right
  to mess up another human being.  Until that happy day which will
  never get here, I prefer 'issues' to the inevitable term 'weird'.
  Unresolved, the past becomes internal poltergeists, impossible for
  many to live with.  We need to at least turn on the internal
  lights.   Mandatory parenting is for the masses, all of them, not for
  the few on this list who truly don't need it.

            From: David Wright <wright@xxxxxxxx>
            Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of
            Realpolitik -- a counterfactual
            To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 2:58 AM

            Irene wrote:
            "...the thing we desperately need to do is find
            energy, real quick.  The ole King isn't coming up
            with it, and jet fighters don't fly without it
            and Humvees don't run without it, not to mention
            your car or mine.  We also need to husband water
            like crazy and we're wasting the same as ever."

            I agree with your sentiment, Irene, with one
            exception.  Finding energy might make a country
            strong, but then I favour (new) humanism (a la
            Silo) over nationalism.  Instead of finding more
            energy, we must curb our enthusiasm for
            consumption and, of course, rethink the global
            economy.  This, of course, will never happen.  I
            know  this hearkens back to the tired rhetoric
            we've been hearing from angry young men and hoary
            old curmudgeons for several thousand years, but
            -- perhaps they've always been right.

            a little angry, a little hoary
            d.
            -- See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young
            Hollywood Awards

          To change your Lit-Ideas settings (subscribe/unsub,
          vacation on/off, digest on/off), visit
          www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html

http://www.hollywoodlife.net/younghollywoodawards2008/