[lit-ideas] Re: The coming war with Hezbollah, Syria and Iran

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:22:01 -0500

LH:
>>The above article is by an Israeli, Solly Ganor, who upon encountering an
>>Arab construction boss working on a villa near him, took the occasion to draw
>>him out. etc.<<

It's refreshing to get a first hand account of these matters.  I remember when
all the civil rights stuff started in the South, we whites were very confused.
Mattie, our maid, reassured us that colored folks didn't want anything to do
with all that mess.  It was just outsiders coming down here and stirring up
trouble, agitating a few hot heads who should have been in jail to begin with,
that was all.  We were very grateful for her candor.  The TV networks never
bothered to ask the actual people involved, all they covered were the
fire-hosings and the attack dogs and the beatings, and the occasional kill.
They made all white people look bad, never bothering to mention the
provocation.  I haven't believed a word they've said since.

Mike Geary
Memphis