[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:19:45 +0100

On 30 Oct. 2006 Phil Enns wrote:

Chris Bruce wrote:

"Do any list members know of ancient or modern parodies or re-workings of the 'Twelve Labours of Hercules'? If so, please post titles and authors."

Agatha Christie's _The Labors of Hercules_ reworks the story but with a
twist: instead of physical strength, this modern Hercule uses the strength
of 'the little grey cells'.

Thanks Phil. I generally enjoy Christie's Hercule Poiroit, and haven't come across that one yet. I'll look for it.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany