[lit-ideas] Re: The antihumanism of modern philosophy

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:29:20 -0000

>Marxism, Existentialism, Pragmatism and Analytic Philosophy
>are so patently negative, I believe the onus should be on the
>denier to show that they are not

You would.  But your saying so does not make it so.

It's perhaps just as well you see no need to argue a case given
that all you can offer is a quotation from the preface of a book
you haven't read and some quotations from a book about
some French philosophy of the Sixties.

Althusserian Marxism is indeed anti-humanist, FYI. I am no expert on
Bourdieu (Luc and Renault's main example, it seems) but
would point to doubts that he should be considered a Marxist.