[lit-ideas] The Yearly Physical

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

  I went to the doctor for my yearly physical. The nurse starts with certain
  basics.

  How much do you weigh?" she asks. "115," I say.

  The nurse puts me on the scale. It turns out my weight is 140.

  The nurse asks, "Your height?" "5 foot 8," I say.

  The nurse checks and sees that I only measure 5'5".

  She then takes my blood pressure and tells me it is very high.

  "Of course it's high!" I scream, "When I came in here I was tall and
  slender! Now I'm short and fat!"

  The doctor put me on prozac.