[lit-ideas] Re: The World of Paul Grice

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 08:10:45 -0400 (EDT)

oops. And perhaps, talking of collocations, this one may also do:

Do  not multiply worlds beyond necessity.

or anti-trinitarianism. --- echoing  the old theological debate.
antitrinitarian, one who rejects the Trinitarian  doctrine that God subsists as
three
distinct persons in the single substance of  the Holy Trinity.

Latin trinitatem (nominative trinitas) "Trinity, triad" (Tertullian),  from
trinus "threefold, triple," from plural of trini "three at a time,
threefold," related to tres (neuter tria) "three."

Trimundanity: Popper's view that the worlds are three. Cfr.

Nimrod: A Discourse on Certain Passages of History and Fable - Volume 1 -
Pagina 323 - Risultati da Google Libri
Algernon Herbert - 1828 - History, Ancient

"But it appears to me that they were initiated in the trimundane mysteries.
he ascetic life of Simeon I. or Simeon in the Mandra, was threefold ; he /
first retired into ..."

Cheers,

Speranza