[lit-ideas] Re: The World Ends

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:45:29 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 2/9/09, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Unlike everything else in
> the world!
>
> Its absence is not unprepossessing.

I think this takes the quotn. out of context (I may be wrong). On a side-note I
had a brief chat with Noel on a Soho street some years ago and he was direct
and friendly and sane: so much so that if you have time and inclination you can
google an article on U2/Telegraph where he is described as about the sanest
rock star you could meet. Given his response to me, who he wouldn't know from
Adam, I couldn't much disagree.

Alright, Oasis are no Beatles. But what? Again you're just putting nothing on
the table.

And what are the Wittgns putting down?

Tired of refutation by simple evasion