[lit-ideas] Re: The Wall Street Journal And Jerusalem Post Publish Editorials Saying Norwegian Terrorist Had A Point | torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx has shared something with you

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:02:23 -0500

When I was "doing Europe" in 1968, we (my brother and I) stopped for a
hitchhiker who was a very attractive young woman -- Norwegian, as it turned
out.  As we went along we quizzed her about life in Norway and such.  At one
point she said that she could understand my brother Tom's Engish much more
easily than mine.  WHAT???   He was a fucking math major, I the English
major. Apparently my Southern accent was a bit thicker than Tom's.  And no
doubt she had learned the lackluster British English.  Hrrrumph.

Mike Geary

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx