[lit-ideas] Re: The Triteness of Dispositional Talk/Implicature

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:15:48 -0230

Surely virginity is a state, not a disposition. (Though not a state of mind,
either.) The tendency to engage in behaviors and make decisions that promote
virginity, on the other hand, would legitimately be classed as a disposition.

Walter O
Gilbert Ryle Professor of Speculative Metaphysics
University of Oxford
Oxford, Ohio

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx: