[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:28:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Thinking we're doing anything other than making fools out of ourselves in Iraq
is not flattering, you're rigiht.  It is in fact the simplicity of denial.
Also, thinking we have claws because we have great big firepower is not seeing
that we're being defeated by cell phones and laptops.  If we can't see we're
being defeated, how can we win?  Even the military says this stupid war can't
be won militarily.  Are you listening Eric?  The military says this war can't
be won militarily.  It's all the more amazing that the neocons want yet another
one.  And the Israelis.  How stupid can they be?  Pretty stupid obviously.

Also, had our isolationist selves let Iran and Iraq have their war, and if Iran
had won, they still had to sell that oil.  We, the U.S., also wanted to nuke
the Chinese during the Cold War and the Soviet Union declined the offer.  The
only thing that happened was we had no nuclear war.  There's no way to predict
what would have happened, and demanding "preventive war" just shows us for what
we are, aggressive and war loving.  Looks like we're being punished in Dante's
hell with the crime we committed.  We started the war, and now we will spend
eternity in war, or a very, very long time anyway.

Just for the heck of it, seriously, what do you think of the war in Iraq?  I
know you want to vaporize the terrorists, but how in your opinion does the war
in Iraq square with that objective?