[lit-ideas] Re: The Shape of Fear

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:24:22 -0800

On Nov 5, 2005, at 9:41 AM, david ritchie wrote:

I don't have any idea what the chances are that HN51 will mutate. I'll ask doctors tomorrow.

The responses I got were not enlightening, along the lines of, "That's not my specialty." The E.R. doc said that she is skeptical about the volume of noise we are hearing on the subject. "Whatever comes along, it won't be 1918." I asked her to elaborate. "We're just better at taking care of people than they were then."

And, in case you are thinking of going next year...in a car that works... that should have been the "Catlin Gabel Rummage Sale," not "Caitlin," who was, of course, a painter.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon