[lit-ideas] The Power of Nightmares

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:23:27 -0800

In the last few months, the BBC showed The Power of Nightmares, a 3-part
documentary on the
relation between al Qaeda and the US neoconservatives.

Both groups are fundementalists in strong reactions against liberal secular
democracies.
Both have discovered that they need to shock their populations, which is why
both groups are
using political terror against their own populations.

Both of these fundementalist groups have now become dependant on each other,
using each
other to terrify their own populations.

This documentary ties together some 20-30 years of American politics. It shows
how the
neocons came out of an obscure beginning and how they developed in reaction to
other events.
It explains why the neocons have gotten into a dark alliance with the Christian
Right.

The documentary makes it clear why the neocons started a jihad against Clinton,
using
massive lies (Whitewater, etc.) and impeachment in order to destroy the White
House. There
was a purpose to their actions.

It also shows why they used every means possible, incl. massive vote fraud, to
seize the
presidential elections for Bush and why the USA just hasn't seemed to capture
bin Laden. W
Bush is not the president of the USA. He is merely a handpuppet. The real power
is Rumsfeld,
Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle, and others.

Someone transcribed the broadcasts and it can be read at
http://www.silt3.com/index.php?id=573 You can also watch the broadcast there.

I've copied the transcription and made single Word document out of it (22
pages). If you
prefer that, let me and I'll either email it to you or post it to a webpage.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com