[lit-ideas] Re: The Poverty of Heritage

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 05:21:56 -0700 (PDT)

When people rip each other off, it's either because they're sociopaths, which
is some variation on disconnected children, or it's because they're filling a
hole inside themselves that can't be filled, another variation on disconnected
children.  When we feel ripped off, we rip off others.  There is no other way
to explain Ken Lay's and other CEOs' behavior.  The selfish gene maybe, but
then truly we are doomed.  I think the genes can be overridden through you know
what (good parenting) which is unlikely to happen.

  All right, that's it.  Bye.

David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I guess I'm asking you to think about the flip side of poverty, those
wealthy folk people so love to hate. Are they just replaceable
Dickensian dickheads or are they somehow, as boards seem to think, key?

Argument by anecdote or statistic or Gearyscopic hyperbole is fine with
me.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon

http://mail.yahoo.com