[lit-ideas] Re: The Philosophy of Law

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:28:32 +0100

It is true that there must be rules for there to be a game, but those rules
also leave a great scope for creativity. Chess would be a boring game
indeed if there was only ''legal' move available at every turn. On most
moves there is a wide array of 'legal' possibilities, which are evaluated
according to a wide range of criteria. Also, great chess players do not
usually 'calculate' moves as far ahead as the amateurs imagine them to be
doing, most of the time they are guided by a strategic sense which is very
close to intuition.

O.K.