[lit-ideas] The Perils Of Teaching Women How To Read

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:51:26 -0600

I've dreaded this day for years, knowing it was bound to come eventually.
Teaching women to read led to giving them the vote and the next thing you know
they're attacking the Pope.  Physically!!!  A Papal smack down right there in
the center of Christendom.  I advise all men to start carrying guns (those who
aren't already), we have something like 50,000 years of misogynism to account
for.  Seeing how easy it is to take down the head man, women are sure to start
knocking all us males around.  Take heed.  Never be alone and unarmed with a
woman.  Never.

Mike Geary
Memphis