[lit-ideas] Re: The Oddysey Club

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 04:43:01 -0400

"Who did the interiors at this place," phatic exhaled, passing the cigar
back to Beanie Man.

"Sloterdykem," Beanie Man said.

"I believes," said a member, "he also did the Honda minivan, the putter
club, and invented the solidus."

"The beef is...ready," announced the maitre d'hotel in a resigned voice.

"Oh, mercy!" Fats Waller stopped playing, exclaimed, "All that meat and
no potatoes. Throw that mess to the alligators," and descended to the
airborne sleeping carpets.

Later that evening, we were persuaded--for all the good it did us--that
there are more secret laws held by the adepts of rhabdomancy than was
explained by Lady Hester Stanhope.