[lit-ideas] Re: The OTB Ladybird and her ilk

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:39:04 +0000 (GMT)

First. Why have I changed the title of this thread? No reason. Just felt like
it.

Second point, this "lady" reminds me of the "Crack Fox" in what was the
latest ep. of 'The Mighty Boosh': the "Crack Fox" stops the Yostie-type
character who has just said 'I gotta go - you're a freak' from moving away by
saying 'Could you just kindly do me one last favour, sir?' Yostie stops.
Crack Fox continues 'Could you break my head off - like soft bread? Could you
stamp my face off with those boots'. 'No. These are brand new. Very
expensive'. Crack Fox then stabs himself in the thigh with a pen and screams.
Yostietype says 'What are you doing??? You've just stabbed yourself with a
pen???' 'Haven't sir. Person came along while you were leaving. Poofter.'
'You can't say that!' 'Was a Nazi. Was a Nazi man.' 'Huh?''Can I come in your
house?' Yostie looks perplexed. 'You've been in my house, so can I be in your
house'. Yostie looks perturbed - 'That's not how it works'.

Thirdly. Sam Beckett pointed out that we are all tramps deep down really. Or
as Dylan writes: Show me someone who's not a parasite and I'll go out and say
a prayer for them. That's as profound as this post is likely to get.

Donal
Poppn. believer in 'likelihoods' nevertheless

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/