[lit-ideas] Re: The Monty Python Philosophers Song

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:33:55 -0600

RP:
Which movie had the philosophers playing football?

It was from Monty Python's Flying Circus which, I'm pretty sure, was a TV series and not a movie.

In any event, here's the skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2TicMbH4OY&NR=1

"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically? it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

I love Monty Python to the depth and breath and height my soul can reach .
Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>