[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 18:07:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

If there is no cause and effect, what is there?  Maybe theologically something came of nothing, but on planet Earth, by definition effects have causes.  I also said over and over that victims create victims.  Saddam was created, along with all the other monsters.  I hear you saying there is no cause, no effect, things just happen, let's just sweep it all under the rug, perhaps rejoice that a monster [read: a once terrorized child] is now dead.  I don't understand that at all.