[lit-ideas] Re: The Mitchell family

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 07:36:37 -0500

My mother was a Mitchell and though they weren't all born on the same day,
they were an odd family.  Wonderful but plenty odd.

Willie Mitchell's death was big news in Memphis.  G. K. Chesterton once
remarked: "Journalism largely consists of saying "Lord Jones is Dead" to
people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive."

Mike Geary
Memphis