[lit-ideas] Re: The Missing Link

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 20:15:50 -0500

I've often wondered -- not enough to actually get up and research the
topic, you understand, but wondered nonetheless, at folks like Pythagoras
who shout out things at parties like "Astonishing.  Everything is
intelligent!"  I don't know much about the man and even less about his
triangles, but I've often wondered if by "everything" he meant, not all the
things individually reckoned, but existence itself, that is that
existence is so interrelated it is essentially a single organism and
"behaves" as such. -- But what does intelligence mean in such a framework?
 That it has a "kind of" consciousness?  Is that what some would call God?
 Just what the fuck is meant by intelligence in such instances?  I
personally tend heavily (having gained a lot of weight lately) towards a
belief in Oneness -- but like Heinz, I'm of fifty-seven varieties of mind
when it comes to what the hell that means -- especially when you throw in
words like "intelligence". Any takers out there?

Weary Geary.
 Memphis.