[lit-ideas] Re: The Mighty Boosh

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:07:49 +0000 (GMT)

There is a BBC programme with the above title. I can watch it on-line by
googling the title and following the BBC link. Maybe it's because I live in
London, maybe it doesn't translate, but I suggest Mike Geary in particular
give it a go. It's on its third series and has performed the remarkable feat
of getting better with each series. It's a big "cult" hit here and the dvd of
the first two series is all over the shops. I feel I owe it to the list to
draw its attention to this programme, though - like Monty Python, say, before
it went global - it is such a private pleasure and hits such particular
buttons that part of me is reluctant to share it. Why? - interesting
question; but I feel I am here doing the decent thing anyway.

Mr.Geary in particular should I think explore the territory and then report
back to the list. Meantime I'm going to watch the latest on-line episode
again (I watched the previous one about eight times, it's either that good
and/or I'm that sad). The episode is "The Strange Tale Of The Crack Fox".
Other episodes include "The Legend Of Milky Joe" and "Eels". Get the picture?
It's genius.

Donal
Going On A Journey......

now.