[lit-ideas] Re: The Meaning of Life: Isn't there a wikipedia article on that?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:32:39 +0100 (BST)

--- Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > (Still going to send the list my daughter's recent science test on
> opinion
> > vs. observation vs. inference and see how many of you answer the 10
> > questions "correctly".)
>
> Bring it on
>
> Donal
> DeptOfPopper
> ObsessiveCompulsive&TrivialCollege
> UniversityOfAnywhere
> O shit
> Yeh,there is no hard and fast distinction between these
> So,on second thoughts,don't bother

I was being playful.

What is perhaps true is that the distinctions between
opinion/observation/inference are highly problemmatic within a trad. arr.
empiricism {a la Berk., Hume, Locke} - perhaps much more so than outside
these schools of thought.
[Bearing in mind that in these schools our opinions and even inference must
be derived, at the end of the day, from some form of 'observation' i.e. from
a form of sense experience].

Donal

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/