[lit-ideas] Re: The Loves of the Wisdoms

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:42:09 -0230

When asked "What are some activities of teaching?", it is important not to read
the question as asking: "What are some activities that teachers engage in on
the job?" Explaining, drawing inferences, instructing, informing, commenting on
students' written work, are examples of the former; hall monitoring, detention
duties and making coffee in the staff lounge are examples of the latter. Yes,
law is what lawyers do, but only when they're lawyering.

Philosophizing in transcendence,

Walter O.
MUN