[lit-ideas] Re: "The Life and Death of Wittgenstein"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:28:03 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2009 10:52:05 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"at [the v. point  of] his death he cried out", and don't generally expect
to have to thank a  TLP-injecting smartarse for objecting, "No, that would
have to been - by  definition - a cry before [the v. point of] his death."
----

Yes, and he liked westerns too.

Incidentally, a typicaly way of killing a cowboy (or western (man)) I was
told, is _hang_ him. In a tree.

Now, the interesting thing is that if you go to those trees, they  smell.

They smell of _ejaculate_.

The reason was that the rope, making contact with the testicles (of the man
 hanging) provoked an _orgasm_ of sorts.

"Before he died, he ejaculated" makes sense.

The French, ever hyperbolic, think one can "petit-die" ("petty death" I
call it). It's the orgasm itself. Which is odd since they don't have the West
in  France.

Good point that if you take Wittgenstein's 6. ... tautological it's _not_
illuminating. But note that we hardly use 'die' in the present indicative,
the  signal of a 'fact' for Wittgenstein ('it rains'):

Try to google for 'he dies' or 'she dies' or 'they die' or even the
self-pragmatic contradiction, "I die" or the threat, 'you die' and the almost
impossible to verify 'we die'.

--- Oddly, P. Stone's anecdote reminded me of the book, "Geary's  Son":

         "A book where I'll record  all utterances by my son."

          "The other day I  asked him, "Don't you have anything to say?"

          "He said,  'anything'. I guess he is hiding something."

Cheers,

JLS
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.