[lit-ideas] Re: The Lie of the Master Race/Slave Race

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:08:51 EST

Some of the population who "doesn't work"  are day-care workers,  nurses,
teachers, financial mangers, secretaries, janitors, cooks, launderers,
chauffeurs, and mediators.  All 24/7.  No vacations, no weekends  off.  We call
ourselves Mothers/Housewives/Homemakers.  Since the  employer in the sky
doesn't drop
green-backs onto our pillows, I understand that  we "apparently don't do
anything".  I have worked full time for many years  of my life.  This is a
period
during which hiring a taxi to chauffeur my  children to and from their
extra-curricular after-school activities would cost  more than I could make
after
paying taxes.  Health care?  The  deductible and payments would be more than my
childrens' Dr. bills.  C'mon,  Andreas.  There's a fair number of us out here.
And we're neither  lazy nor invisible.

Julie Krueger
Housewife who apparently doesn't do anything.
========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Lie of the
Master Race/Slave Race  Date: 1/6/05 12:13:31 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
From: "Ceridwen Harris"  <cmharris@xxxxxxxxxx>

>>Only about 1/3rd of  Americans
>>actually work (the population is 280m, but the workforce is  only 90m
>
> Andreas does that figure for the population include  children, students, the
> elderly, the infirm - etc ? - and of course  homemakers who work without
pay?

> Just curious about what all  those people are doing .............

When I first learned that, I  wondered the same thing. Once, when I had a
meeting at another
company, we  stopped at a mall for lunch on the way back. The mall was full
of shoppers. We
wondered why all these people weren't at work. Surely, they couldn't all be
pretending to be
on sick leave.

280m is the total US population. I  can't remember the exact numbers, but if
you subtract the
children, college  students, housewives, the elderly, people in prisons,
people in hospital
or  in some sort of disability or recovery, and so on, you end up with some
20  million people
who apparently don't do anything.

The Census suspects  they are "the sister that never married and still lives
at home with the
parents", your uncle's "roommate", and so on.

By the way, there are  about 10-15m Mexicans without residence permits in the
 USA.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com