[lit-ideas] Re: The Lie of the Master Race/Slave Race

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:33:54 -0500

  every strawberry in Calif is hand picked by Mexicans. it's
very hard work.

occassionally, white college students show up for work. they never last
more than a day.

_____

In retirement, my father had an orchard in Amish country, including an
acre of strawberries.

I picked them. It's NOT that hard work for someone in their twenties.
NOT AT ALL. It was fun. It was fun because I knew that wasn't going to
be the only work I would ever do.

But as I said earlier, it's very difficult to keep a citizen at such
work. That's the hard part: keeping a citizen strawberry-picker from
getting a better job.

Eric