[lit-ideas] The Learning Common...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:31:39 -0400

Is there a 21st Century liberal arts college left? Do today's students have learning styles? Who knew??

They're building a stand-alone building for our cramped and crowded library here at Nipissing. But, of course, it's not going to be called just a library...old-fashioned, that...it will be deemed a Learning Library with a Learning Common. Sheesh...

Glad to hear your voice, Marlena.

Ursula
in North Bay

eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:
As a sidebar, here is a library question for all of you in regards to viewing academic libraries in this day, age, and time:

Describe a 21st Century liberal arts college library and how to integrate it with instructional technology, undergraduate research, and the learning styles of today’s students.

The trend is fascinating and I am wondering if it "works". Or, are they yet relevant? If so, how or why?