[lit-ideas] Re: The Island Called Gotham

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:15:52 +0000 (GMT)

--- Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

6. I once told Judy Evans, "I'd love to live in a
cosmopolitan city like Cardiff". She retorted back,
"We say 'multicultural' or 'culturally diverse'. Never
"cosmopolitan".

I can't now remember why I said (of Cardiff)

> perhaps 'multi-cultural' is better than cosmopolitan

but do know it was nothing to do with any idea (which
I don't hold) that

JL>there's something cheap and  supermarketty about
JL> ('cosmopolitan')

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK