[lit-ideas] Re: The Irrelevance of -Ly

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:23:54 -0700

One of life's odd coincidences: JLS's latest arrived in my mail immediately after an invitation from AAA to consider an "Argentina Short and Sweet Special," which would allow me to "delve" into "one of the liveliest cities in the world." Why one should want to take a spade to Buenos Aires and Iguassu Falls will perhaps be something that JLS can delve into when the press of swimming pool library duties allow.

I think I might take a spade to the "Carlos Gardel Tango Show," which is offered in the package; it comes with three nights at the Dazzler Libertad, two nights at Iguassu at Hotel Esturion and a "Classic City Tour." The reason I'd take a spade would be to lay the foundation stone for a response to Mischief La Bas' erection of Carlos Gardel statues all over Scotland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Gardel.

Who would be the best figure to honor?  Alexander Watson Hutton perhaps?

http://books.google.com/books?id=oc-WBZwijCkC&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=scot +in +argentina&source=bl&ots=tkFYFlyzGD&sig=IDxabsTLyALJ365TSY5csxO37_g&hl=e n&ei=b3DnSuTGD5OeswPdvtyqBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved= 0CB0Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=scot%20in%20argentina&f=false

Other suggestions regarding statuary aspects, driven north in a peso convertible, will be taken under advisement at the border.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon