[lit-ideas] Re: The Iran Charade

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:32:32 -0500

I hate to be on your case, but this makes no sense.  What do you mean, wars
that antiwar groups will ensure that we lose?  Are we that bloodthirsty
that if there were no antiwar groups we'd be having wars all over the
place?  Powell is saying war is a last resort, so if we have to fight it,
then let's do the job right.  In a last resort case, there would be no
antiwar groups, or not enough to matter.  Invading Iraq was war as a first
resort.  I really don't understand your statement.