[lit-ideas] "The Inside of His Head"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:05:00 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2005 12:00:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ballnw@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Of  interest? Miller thought about entitling Salesman,  "The Inside of
His  Head"

Wm

William Ball
Norma  Ball=20

--- This reminds me of Eric Yost, commenting on Mirembe:

>>What  goes on in our heads when we make sacrifices and when we  make
>>*sacrifices*? Is it a different process for each?

and writing:

>Isn't it more appropriate to ask "What goes on in our hearts?" Or  is
>that old-fashioned metaphor now displaced to our heads?

---- I think the title "The inside of his head" is a bit ambiguous, since
while "The death of a salesman" tells us it is about a salesman dying, 'the
inside of his head', tells us only it's male, but not necessarily a  salesman.

Cheers,

JL