[lit-ideas] Re: The IPT on CAIR

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:24:42 -0500

LH:
>>I posted this note because I found the Fatwa provocative and amusing, <<

So that was your point!  I wondered if it might not be, but I wasn't sure,
that's why I asked what your point was.  Why didn't you just say that to begin
with?  Your original post was something meant for the like-minded, not an
argument about anything.  I send things like that every now and then myself,
mine are usually addressed to a different mind-set of course.  Like Judy, I
don't see any justification for calling anything you posted a fatwa, but I
understand why you might use that term in a "here these clowns go again" kind
of posting to the choir.  From the beginning I was inclined to believe that you
weren't trying to sway anyone's mind with the post, just amuse those who agree
with you.  But I wasn't sure if that was the case or whether you were issuing a
call to arms in defence of Spencer.  You've made it pretty clear though that
you don't think Spencer is worth reading because he's said all he has to say in
his book titles.  OK, I can relax now and give you some space to do your thing.

Mike Geary
Memphis