[lit-ideas] Re: The History of Effects

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:41:55 -0600

JK: "I've received replies from the handful of people I shared it with heavily
criticizing the style, form, etc."

I didn't give up Literary Studies because I was good at it.  : )  But I suspect
that even if I had been good at it I still would have run away screaming.
Literaturists are like pathologists and criticism is autopsy.  I prefer messy
life.

Mike Geary
Memphis