[lit-ideas] Re: The Guessing Game

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 10:51:20 -0700

On May 5, 2012, at 5:01 AM, Phil Enns wrote:

> Unknown.

Exactly.  Phil wins a trip to Berlin.  On foot.

My knowledge of "The Twilight Zone" is zero, so I can't examine the claim about
possible antecedents.  To make the plot work, the writers turned an expert
killer into a nice guy simply by giving him a knock on the head and a shock or
two of electricity.  Presumably this is why policemen beat people up--in hope
of changing their fundamental nature.

So why watch the movie?  "Rob Roy" was in it, making sure the poor of the world
got the good stuff...  There were car chases... It was Friday.

As you were.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon