[lit-ideas] Re: The Grass, The Grass

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Great dining scene. Been watching movies too. Saw
> a French movie called "Humanite," a psychological
> thriller about a rape investigation and "God is
> Brazilian," a theological comedy. I mean, where
> else would God go on vacation?

Berkeley, or somewhere else where she isn't
worshipped.

Haven't watched  anything worth commenting on
recently. Except perhaps for American Splendor which
is pretty good.

The thing that intrigues me about comic book adaptions
is how the director/screenwriter deals with pace. In
case of American Splendor the comic, with which I am
only superficially familiar with, there is a series of
stories revolving around a single character. They kept
this serial structure in the movie: the main character
meets a girl, he gets cancer, and so on in
chronological order. It works in this case, but
somewhat flattens the story emotionally, lack of no
clear progression to an end dulls me at least.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland

http://mail.yahoo.com