[lit-ideas] Re: The Glyndebourne Picnics

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:30:57 EST

In a message dated 3/3/2009 4:49:05 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm aware of Coates and a good  quantity of the
sources, but I haven't got this type of content to hand. A  super post
that'll keep me happy for a good few days.
Simon
Sincerely  grateful

----

Thanks. Just a note that if you do reply to "Eastward Ho" feel free to
change the rather silly header. I guess I was thinking of Hereward the Wake,
and
that's not even there -- but LIncs.!

I couldn't think of anything more properly Sussex -- but if you do comment,
focus on the 'channel-points', since this in a way connects Sussex with  Devon.

Most of my books on Channel Island do make the description starting  from
Dover to Land's End of course -- so that's interesting. It was good to  re-read
the Coates and see that he does mention how the coastline has changed so
abruptly.

Should say that my other interest is Cowes Regatta!

This all started when Judy Evans talked so much about the English silly
season that she motivated me.

Cheers,

JL

steps!