[lit-ideas] Re: The German Way of War

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:37:08 -0500

>>What do you think we do with something like a third or a half of a trillion dollar budget spent on the military?

The USA lacks the population of Russia, China, and India. We are primarily responsible for keeping the oceans safe from piracy, and maintaining the so-called Pax Americana. So we need a large budget to make up for in technology, what we lack in manpower.

If the world were to revert to "Spheres of Influence," then we might be able to spend less than the pittance we do spend. With "Spheres of Influence" in force, Europe and Russia would have to deal with the Islamists and the Balkans, and we could concentrate on protecting the Western Hemisphere, with some help from Canada and Brazil.

That would be peachy! Me for that. I would love government-funded graduate degrees and a superlative infrastructure.

Always happy to delegate,
Eric