[lit-ideas] Re: The Genealogy of Disjunction [a correction]

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 14:59:51 -0700

I just wrote

*I try not to post unfamiliar quotations or citations without explaining
them (unlike some), unless if someone, in asking for the quote, has also
asked for an explanation of it.*

Pretend I didn't write that gibberish, and let me try to get rid of it.

At times I may have posted selections from a work, or if it's short enough,
an entire work. I may have posted them without comment—if someone has asked
for an author's very words, but no more—or I may have posted the work and a
commentary, or provided a setting for it, more specifically its place in an
argument or discussion.

Both things have happened.

RP