[lit-ideas] Re: The Ends of the World

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:15:44 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Just curious, why does asking someone to enter a country legally and be counted
make the asking party a master race?  Isn't it quite to the contrary giving the
entering party some sort of status instead of allowing them to be exploited in
the shadows as a nonentity?  I can counter that doing nothing at all to stop
illegal immigration is encouraging a master/slave class.  BTW, at 4 million
Mexican illegals per year, the country will have swelled by 80 million in the
next 20 years just in illegals.  I guess there's room for everybody.

Being illegal just doesn't have the negative ring it used to have.  Maybe
that's a good thing.

Andy