[lit-ideas] Re: The Ends of the World

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:04:09 +0100

Le 4 janv. 05, =E0 03:21, David Ritchie a =E9crit :

> I have been off, inspecting the Yucatan, where the meteor that ended=20=

> one
> world--that of dinosaurs-- hit.  I have been wandering among Mayans. =20=

> And I
> have been recovering from a bug, one with biceps the size of=20
> Bournemouth.
>
> Were I to give you the idea that Mexico was warm and fun, I would only=20=

> have
> given you a part of the story.  My wife was always more enthusiastic=20=

> about
> the prospect than I was.  Two days into the trip, she asked me what I
> thought.  "I think Mexico is a dump," was my short summary.

M.C. : Just goes to show you : Mexico's not for the prissy. Never has=20
been.

        By the way, I feel I should tell you that if I were to forward =
your=20
post to my Mexican wife, with the phrase "Mexico is a dump" suitably=20
highlighted, she would hop in her car, drive down the I-5 and subject=20
you to treatment which makes Cortez' dealings with his Aztec prisoners=20=

look like a stay in a health spa. However, I am quite capable of being=20=

discrete.....if the price is right. Shall I send you my banking=20
information?

        All best wishes,
=09
        Mike.